Concrete Theatre is an Edmonton based professional theatre company that works in the community using theatre to promote cultural diversity and to examine social issues for young audiences. We are passionate about bringing educational and entertaining theatre to students aged 3-16 and their families. Our productions include works that we have commissioned and developed ourselves, as well as plays developed by sister Canadian Theatre for Young Audiences companies.
The Sales & Booking Coordinator plays a key role in the sales, marketing and promotion of the Theatre’s productions to Edmonton-area and Alberta elementary, junior and senior high schools. This front-line position will foster and expand relationships with our client base of school principals, teachers and administrators, ensuring that schools and students receive the best possible service and theatre experience.
SALES AND MARKETING
• Make all sales and booking arrangements for touring productions including sales solicitation, contracts/confirmations and invoices. Identify, target and contact potential or lapsed clients.
• In conjunction with Theatre management team, prepare marketing, publicity and promotion (including print, social media and digital/electronic based) materials & plans for distribution to current and potentials clients.
BOOKING & TOUR CO-ORDINATION
• Prepare tour schedules that are cost and time efficient and in accordance with the terms of Canadian Theatre Agreement, Theatre policies and related contractors/artists timetables.
• Ensure school staff is apprised of each productions’ need (space, power, accessibility for load in/out etc) to ensure smooth, efficient and exceptional performances.
• Maintain tour files, master listings, website notices, payments and deposits, show reports, show statistics and client evaluations.
• Follow-up (in-person or electronically) with clients to obtain evaluations, feedback and comments on each production.
• General office assistance including reception, answer telephones, incoming & outgoing mail, monitor and secure office supplies, working knowledge of photocopier,
• Provide assistance to Artistic team(s) and General Manager for special events, meetings, fundraisers, volunteers and trade shows, as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS and SALARY
Maximum of 30 hours per week (930am-4pm) for 40 weeks, in conjunction with Edmonton school year (September to June and applicable vacation schedules). A health and medical benefit package is also offered. Wage commences at $16.00 per hour plus 4% Holiday Pay and applicable payroll benefits and deductions.
• Proven ability in sales, marketing or promotional arena.
• High level of initiative and self motivation
• Creative thinker with the capability to solve problems.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills.
• A positive, friendly manner and approach to client service.
• Computer literacy including ease with Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, etc), database, internet, social media and graphic applications.
• Experience in theatre and/or education setting is desirable.
• An understanding of the cultural not-for-profit sector.
• Valid driver license and car as some in-town travel may be required.
How to apply
Apply by email to Gail Yakemchuk, General Manager email@example.com
Please use the subject line “Application: SALES & BOOKING COORDINATOR” and include your resume as a MS Word or PDF attachment.
Application deadline: July 30, 2013.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.
For more information visit www.concretetheatre.ca
Application Deadline: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Start Date: Late August 2013
Type of Work: Part-time
Education Level: College or University (Undergraduate) or equivalent work experience
Travel: Yes- in town only
Preferred Method(s) of Application: By E-Mail