Are you looking for a unique opportunity to grow your career in a place where people care? Here in St. Albert, our employees take pride in providing more than 60,000 residents with high-quality programs and services. A wide array of opportunities are available to suit your passion and experience. You can cultivate your career in a place where staff not only care about the work they do but also the people they work alongside.
Serving as part of the Cultural Services Management team and reporting to the Cultural Services Director, the Cultural Business & Events Manager is responsible for the overall management of the marketing, advertising, fundraising and development for the Cultural Services Department. The Manager is also accountable for the overall coordination of special events such as the Northern Alberta International Children’s Festival, and is involved in strategic and business planning for the department.
The Manager will assist in the development of agenda reports, departmental budgets, monthly and quarterly reports as well as responding to information requests generated by Council, Senior Management and the public. They will also play a leadership role to a team including the Cultural Services Development Coordinator, Community Cultural Coordinator and Senior Marketing Coordinator.
• Degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, Recreation or a related field.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience across a breadth of areas including: arts and cultural management, fund development, marketing, public relations, advertising and event management.
• Excellent staff supervision and leadership skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to form collaborative relationships.
• This position requires political sensitivity, conflict resolution abilities, and negotiation skills.
Hours of Work:
72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). Some overtime may be required during events such as the International Children’s Festival.
$76,912 – $93,575 per annum. The City of St. Albert also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting Competition #13/110W by July 17, 2013 to:
City of St. Albert
216-7 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 2X4
Online: Application Form
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.