The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time:
The House Manager is responsible for the efficient management of the Front of House areas for all theatre productions and events. With support of other Citadel departments, the House Manager is the primary contact to ensure the comfort and safety of all audience, volunteers, and staff while in the building.
• Organize and supervise the arrangement of proper staff, equipment, space and supplies to meet the Theatre’s needs for all Front of House functions.
• Lead the selection, training, scheduling and supervision of Front of House supervisors and a staff of ushers, both volunteer and paid.
• Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff.
• Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of the public at performances and events.
• Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission.
• Ensure that all theatre areas, including washrooms and lobbies, are in proper condition for the public.
• Maintain emergency and security procedures and ensure all staff follows those procedures.
• Maintain visibility and accessibility at all times when on duty.
• Supervise the handling of all patron problems.
• Account for and document concession and coat check revenues and prepare show reports, time sheets, and ticket stub counts.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work calmly, rationally and tactfully in a creative, quick-paced and sometime stressful environment
• A keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills
• Availability on weekends and evenings
• Experience working in a front-of-house setting
• Management experience and/or training, especially with respect to volunteers
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director: email@example.com
Deadline: July 15
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.