Deadline to Apply: July 5, 2013
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents more than 1,100 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
• workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
• Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
• online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
• theatre news, advocacy, and publications
We require a highly motivated and creative Programmer who will be responsible for leading the organization’s educational and artistic programs and services including, but not limited to:
• Dramaworks, PlayWorks Ink, Workshops by Request, and Artstrek: developing themes, workshop topics, and instructor selection
• Emerge: coordination of our annual general audition event for the graduates of Alberta’s post-secondary acting programs
• All Stages: coordination of content, contributors, and editing for our tri-annual magazine
• program management and administration: artist and staff contracting, staff and volunteer needs, communication with participants and instructors, fundraising, promotion/ marketing/advertising, venue facilitation, etc.
• development and management of various artistic and educational partnerships • participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be knowledgeable and passionate about theatre and education, with a post-secondary degree or diploma (major or minor) in theatre/drama. Applicants should enjoy working with people, be self-motivated, and highly curious. Varied knowledge of the provincial theatre community with experience in professional, community, and educational theatre will be considered an asset. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and excellent organizational and time-management skills are required.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is pleasant, supportive, and positive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence mid-August, 2013. Salary range $30,000 – $32,000.
By July 5, 2013, please forward your resume with letter of interest highlighting qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. [email protected]
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Download job description as a PDF: TheatreAlbertaProgrammer
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however,
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.