Job Opportunity: General Manager – Touchstone Theatre (Vancouver)
Application Deadline: June 28th, 2013
PDF Version: http://bit.ly/12wIoAD
For over 35 years Touchstone Theatre has been a mainstay of theatrical innovation and excellence on the West Coast. The company’s all-Canadian mandate has helped launch and develop some of the country’s most important playwrights and actors, and its substantial body of work has garnered over 60 local and national awards. Now in its fourth decade of production Touchstone remains a lightning rod of theatrical activity. Its purely Canadian focus makes it unique in its region, and its reputation for excellence has earned the respect of audience, critics and colleagues.
Touchstone Theatre is looking to hire a General Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the Artistic Director and support staff, the General Manager plays a key role in the administrative and managerial direction of the company.
Start Date: early September, 2013
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Developing and managing the budget and cash flow of the organization
– Together with Artistic Director, applying for Municipal, Provincial and Federal grants
– Marketing Touchstone’s shows, season and for-profit training programme
– Fundraising, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations
– Supervising show-related departments including Box Office, Production and Volunteer Co-ordination
– Negotiating with and contracting the self-employed personnel of the organization
– With the Artistic Director, ensuring compliance with collective agreements
– Hiring and supervising all part-time, full-time and seasonal employees in consultation with the Artistic Director.
The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, and passionate about theatre, with the following skills:
– University degree in arts administration or commensurate experience
– Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting and finance
– Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
– Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community and the Canadian Theatre Agreement
– Ability to multi-task and work independently, without direct supervision
– Enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of application and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience
Contact Louise Bentall email@example.com