by Steven Dietz
PERFORMANCE DATES: October 16 – 26, 2013
AUDITION DATES: July 7 & 8, 2013; AUDITION TIMES: 7:00 – 10:00 pm
Walterdale Theatre (10322 83 Avenue)
CALL-BACKS (if required): Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:00 – 8:30 pm
King Edward Park Community Hall (8008 81 Street)
DIRECTOR: DARRELL PORTZ; ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: ELIZABETH DAY
PRODUCTION MANAGER: MAY KHARAGHANI; STAGE MANAGER: PAT EYFORD
SET DESIGN: JOHN & KAT EVANS; COSTUME DESIGN: GERI DITTRICH; MAKE-UP DESIGN: PRUDENCE OLENIK
LIGHTING DESIGN: BRAD MELROSE; SOUND DESIGN: DARRELL PORTZ
SPECIAL EFFECTS DESIGN: JOHN & KAT EVANS; PROPERTIES: JOHN & KAT EVANS
MASTER BUILDER: RICHARD HATFIELD; MASTER PAINTER: SUE PORTZ
FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHER: JANINE HODDER; DIALECT COACH: MARLISS WEBER
This adaptation restores the suspense and seduction of Bram Stoker’s classic novel to the stage. As Count Dracula begins to exert his will upon the residents of London, they attempt to piece together the clues of his appearances — in a valiant attempt to save themselves from a hideous fate. Rich with both humour and horror, this play paints a wickedly theatrical picture of Stoker’s famous vampire.
• RENFIELD – MALE (35 to 45) – Should be able to speak in various accents and dialects
• JONATHAN HARKER – MALE (25 to 35) – British accent
• PROFESSOR VAN HELSING – MALE (30 to 45) – Dutch accent.
• DR. JOHN SEWARD – MALE (25 to 35) – British accent
• LUCY WESTENRA – FEMALE (20 to 25) – British accent.
• MINA MURRAY – FEMALE (20 to 25) – British accent
• DRACULA – MALE (30 – 40) – Transylvanian accent
• VIXENS (3) – FEMALE (20s) – No accent required
• ATTENDANTS – MALE (2) FEMALE (1) (20 to 40) – British accent
• MAID – FEMALE (20s or older) – British accent
Please note ages are relative and relational. Only Seward’s age (29) is specifically mentioned in the script. We are concerned more about your apparent age in relation to the rest of the cast.
• Rehearsals will begin with table work in July. Scene work will being August 1. Rehearsals will be on Monday and Thursday evenings from 7:00-10:00pm and Sunday afternoons from 1:00-5:00pm.
• The audition will comprise of the following:
o You will be auditioning as part of a group of 4 or 5 actors in a 20-minute slot.
o Auditions will consist of cold reads from the script.
o Copies of the audition sides will be made available prior to the auditions.
• Please bring any conflict dates you have to the audition.
• Please bring a current headshot and performing résumé, if you have one.
• You are encouraged to read the entire play prior to auditioning. Copies of the script are available for reading at Walterdale. Contact the Theatre Administrator at email@example.com to sign one out.
• Walterdale is a volunteer/member organization. We cannot engage Equity performers.
o If you are cast, you will be required to become a member of Walterdale Theatre Associates.
Individual $25.00 / Family $40.00
Membership must be purchased prior to August 1, 2013
TO BOOK AN AUDITION or for further information, please email Pat Eyford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information:
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• If you are a Facebook Member (name on Facebook)
• The role(s) you are interested in auditioning for
(Drop-ins will be accommodated as time/space permits)