Term: June – August
Our aim at Alberta Theatre Projects is to make life more beautiful by creating and producing great contemporary theatre from Canada and beyond. Our work is about what’s now, what’s new & what’s next. In the welcoming oval of the Martha Cohen Theater, right here in Calgary, we stretch as deep as life, as wide as the world.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of our audience and build that audience by producing a season of celebrated contemporary theatre and by taking a national leadership role in the development of new Canadian plays.
Our vision is to be acknowledged by our audience as the theatre option of choice, by industry peers as the leading Canadian centre of play development, and by our people as the preferred employer in the arts in Calgary.
We believe in creating a workforce and environment that exemplifies integrity, teamwork, performance excellence, exploration and innovation, and lifelong learning aspirations.
With the assistance of the Canada Summer Jobs program we are seeking a motivated, energetic and team-oriented student to join our Marketing and Communications team for a period of 10 weeks from mid-June to mid-August.
The Summer Intern will assist with the following:
• Contact local organizations for sponsorship donations
• Acquiring local arts contacts and updating community lists
• Archiving marketing & communications collateral including: images, editorial, advertising and print media clippings
• Help build tactical planning documents
• Receptionist break coverage
• Assisting the marketing team with development of the promotional strategy for the upcoming season
• Assisting with the marketing plans for each individual show in upcoming season
• Other administration and marketing duties as required
The successful candidate will be enrolled in a post-secondary institution with the intention of returning to school in the fall.
Please email your resume and cover letter by June 7th to:
Kara Sturk ksturk@ATPlive.com
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.