Swallow-a-Bicycle Theatre is seeking a Publicity & Marketing Coordinator for the production of our original, critically acclaimed science fiction play, i-ROBOT Theatre, September 11-22, 2013. The show will be a part of Beakerhead, a citywide spectacle of arts and engineering. This position will include the following responsibilities:
• Produce media releases, advisories and individualized pitches to editors/journalists.
• Be the point person for all media enquiries, co-ordinate all interviews, pre-arrange any necessary media training/education for cast/crew.
• Monitor all media and produce final media value report.
• Coordinate with Beakerhead’s Marketing & Communications Director.
• Work with Promotions Coordinator to organize promotional events.
• Oversee the Swallow-a-Bicycle electronic newsletter.
• Support social media activities (creating/monitoring content, community management etc.).
* The position includes the opportunity to receive mentorship from a professional communications manager.
This September, Swallow-a-Bicycle presents i-ROBOT Theatre, an original production performed in an industrial warehouse-style space. i-ROBOT Theatre integrates performance and cutting-edge technology to create a live science fiction experience.
The play explores a near-future world heavily populated with robots. The show uses technology to ask philosophical questions on the nature of identity and autonomy. It is a re-working and retelling of the original 2011 production, which received rave reviews. This version will be bigger, bolder and integrate more technology.
Timeline: Position begins immediately. Show runs September 11-22, 2013.
Renumeration: A small honorarium will be provided.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter summarizing your previous experience and your interest in the project. Please apply by May 3, 2013.
Contact: Charles Netto at email@example.com or 403.397.8559.
i-ROBOT Theatre information & trailer: www.swallowabicycle.com/performances/irobot2013
Beakerhead information: www.beakerhead.org