Reporting to the Managing Director and working in tandem with the AMD/Volunteer Coordinator and Site Coordinator, the Concession & Merch Coordinator is responsible for facilitating smooth commercial operations of the top-of-the-hill Amphitheatre site. This includes overseeing management of the concession, beer and merchandise tents, as well as coordinating supplies and rentals for special on-site events during the Festival.
• Anticipate, prepare and pick-up inventory needs as required.
• Prepare the sales tents for business each day, including for special events.
• Display inventory attractively in concession/merch tents.
• Keep track of all monies coming in and going out of the concessions area.
• Manage concession noise during show time.
• Secure inventory at the end of each show.
• Ensure appropriate cash-out records are completed after each show.
• Support and motivate volunteers in regards to the sales tents and delegate responsibilities appropriately, with assistance from the Volunteer Coordinator and Site Coordinator.
• Provide supervisory assistance in relation to patron and volunteer safety during performances.
• Assist in maintaining flow and control of the sales tents while Site is open to the public.
• Help manage external disruptions in the Park during performances.
• Take part in Safety Briefings with Festival Management prior to each show, and contribute to monitoring for possible inclement weather circumstances.
• As part of the Supervisory team, prepare for and assist in facilitation of possible emergencies or evacuations procedures.
• Maintain inventory records, and perform post-job evaluation.
Full job description below or found at www.freewillshakespeare.com
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com Deadline for application: May 6th
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.