Audition and Application Information
- Saturday May 25, 2013; 11:00am – 3:00pm. Applications for this round close 12:00pm (MST) Tuesday May 21, 2013.
- Saturday July 6, 2013; 11:00am – 3:00pm. Applications for this round close 12:00pm (MST) Tuesday June 18, 2013.
- Thursday August 8, 2013; 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Applications for this round close 12:00pm (MST) Monday August 5, 2013.
- Callbacks will be held at a date to be determined.
Audition requirements for Acting and Musical Companies:
- Acting: Two contrasting 2-minute monologues; interview. Monologues must be memorized and come from plays, musicals or movies.
- Musical: One 2-minute monologue; a musical theatre song (be prepared to sing the entire song) – an accompanist will be provided, no recorded music or a cappella singing; interview. Monologues must be memorized and from a play, musical or movie.
- Callbacks will involve dance/movement and group improvisation
Portfolio submission for Playwriting and Theatre Production:
- We will be accepting applications to the Playwriting and Theatre Production Companies until Monday 16 September, 2013
- Playwriting: Two samples of writing from your body of work (e.g. plays, poetry, essays, prose, etc.)
- Theatre Production: Portfolio of related work experience or area of interest (design, photography, artwork, carpentry, organizing events, etc
In support of the development of young theatre artists and their contributions to a vibrant theatre community, the Citadel Theatre/Robbins Academy subsidizes approximately 75% of all costs associated with each of the Young Companies.
Tuition for the full year Program including classes, workshops, rehearsals, performances, materials and selected tickets to Citadel Theatre shows;
- Young Acting Company $1,200.00 + GST
- Young Musical Company $1,400.00 + GST
- Young Playwriting Company $750.00 + GST
- Young Theatre Production Company $500.00 + GST
Important Additional Information to read before applying:
- The Citadel Theatre Young Companies is a pre-professional training program and requires serious dedication and discipline. Out of respect to the Faculty and fellow classmates, we cannot work around frequent conflicts. Please ensure you are truly available for the program dates listed above before applying. All conflicts must be negotiated before acceptance into the program.
- There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee. This is an administration fee to cover the processing incurred by the Program.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for an audition. Applicants who have not paid their non-refundable application fee will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.