Description: The Box Office Assistant is responsible to help oversee and perform all aspects of ticket sales and box office operation under the direction of the Box Office Manager.
Terms of Employment: Part-time (up to 20 hours a week) Monday to Friday 1-5pm, some weekends and evenings required during show dates.
- Process sales of tickets and gift certificates using TheatreManager ticketing software over the phone and in person.
- Answer patron queries and concerns over the phone and via email.
- Maintain accurate cash sales.
- Maintain a professional demeanor while working with other staff, volunteers and patrons. Always striving for the highest level of customer service.
- Will have a strong knowledge of all presentations being sold through the box office.
- Performing sales, managing, and organizing tickets at will call, and making sure all box office and front of house operations go smoothly on show days
- Manage a small group of volunteers.
- Various other administrative duties as required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and outstanding intrapersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, and ability to learn a new ticketing system (Previous experience working with ticketing systems an asset).
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, with respect to time management.
- Has a well-rounded personality with a strong sense for professionalism, and ability to work in a team environment.
How to Apply: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2013. Please list the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.