i-ROBOT Theatre @ Beakerhead
Lighting Designer Duties
– Responsible for designing and executing lighting design for i-ROBOT Theatre at Beakerhead
– Please Note: i-ROBOT Theatre will be performed in a non-theatre space. Therefore, lighting designer is responsible for outlining and helping to source necessary light equipment for the space.
– Designers will be encouraged to experiment with lighting sources and to collaborate with technology communities to research new technology.
This September, Swallow-a-Bicycle presents i-ROBOT Theatre a two act original production performed in an industrial warehouse style space. i-ROBOT Theatre integrates performance and cutting edge technology to create live Science Fiction. It will be part of Beakerhead – a city wide spectacle of arts and engineering.
The play explores a near-future world heavily populated with robots. The show uses technology as spectacle to ask philosophical questions on the nature of identity and autonomy. The show is a re-working and retelling of the original 2011 production (and limited 2010 run) that received rave reviews. This version will be developed to be bigger, bolder and integrate more technology.
TIMELINE April 2013-September 2013
– April – July: monthly meetings for practical creation sessions.
– August 17-September 10 Rehearsal.
– September 11-22, 2013 Performance Run
Remuneration: An Honorarium will be provided
To apply please email your CV and a short cover letter summarizing your background, your interest in the project.
Contact: Charles@swallowabicycle.com or 403.397.8559
Check out the i-ROBOT Theatre trailer: www.swallowabicycle.com/performances/irobot2013
Beakerhead Information: http://www.beakerhead.org/