THEATRE PERFORMANCE AND CREATION (TCRE) INSTRUCTOR
***SUBJECT TO BUDGET APPROVAL***
Teaching in the newly created two-year diploma program in Theatre Performance and Creation, the successful candidate will work as part of a team, within a flexible conservatory model, including team-teaching, interdisciplinary and modular lesson delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to be an active member of the faculty, the college community and the community at large, participating fully in activities undertaken by the department on and off campus. Teaching, directing or supervisory duties will include some evenings and weekends. Opportunities include the potential to conduct study tours to world theatre centres (London, New York, etc.) and liaising with provincial and national theatres to establish professional field placements, intensives and collaborative projects.
The Theatre Performance and Creation Program is part of RDC’s Performing Arts Department which also includes programs in Theatre and Entertainment Production, Music and Motion Picture Arts. The department provides a supportive atmosphere for innovation in scholarship, curriculum delivery, and student engagement. Additionally, the department hosts a full season of music, theatre, and film events featuring students, faculty, and guests.
• Preparing and instructing classes in a combination of any of the following areas: Devising Theatre, Voice and Speech, Inter-disciplinary, Acting, Actor Movement, Directing, Play Analysis, Theatre History, Business of the Arts
• Advising students to achieve their educational and career goals
• Potential opportunity to direct a main-stage, studio or TYA production
• Teaching, researching, creating or coaching in other areas of specialization as appropriate to the candidate’s strengths
• Attend department and curriculum meetings; Ongoing planning and curriculum review as appropriate
• Supervising/advising student involvement, special projects and professional field placements
• Attending field trips as required; recruiting students
• Master of Fine Arts or Master of Arts preferred
• BFA in theatre with considerable current industry experience may be considered
• Demonstrated successful post-secondary teaching experience
• A preferred emphasis in voice and speech for the actor. Certification or equivalent experience in a significant voice or speech training methodology.
• Inter-disciplinary experience, or related art form practice an asset
• Industry success as a Director/Creator
Position Start Date: August 14, 2013
Position End Date: May 12, 2014
Salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Applications are excepted only via our website: www.rdc.ab.ca/employment
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2013, and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.