Call for submissions:
Production opportunities for emerging, Alberta-based theatre companies
Submission deadline: 5pm, Monday, February 11th, 2013
Due to high demand – DEADLINE NOW EXTENDED – 5pm, Friday, February 15th, 2013
Punctuate! Theatre invites submissions from Alberta-based emerging companies and collectives to be a part of Punctuate! Theatre’s 2013/14 Performance Series, presented at the TACOS theatre.
What we are looking for:
Consistent with our mandate, we are looking for companies interested in presenting a dynamic work that is physically and/or textually rich. We are looking for shows that have already been created/presented that can be further developed for presentation in one of our four performance series slots. Preference will be given to original works, however companies with previously published work may also be considered.
We are offering 1 performance week in each of the following months:
What Punctuate! Theatre is providing:
• A $1000 presentation fee to each company
• 1 week of exclusive use of the TACOS black box theatre space (including use of the lighting equipment, sound equipment and minimal storage space)
• 6 performances including 5 evening performances running Wednesday through Sunday and a matinee performance on either the Saturday or the Sunday
• Two 4-hour evening tech rehearsals on the Monday and Tuesday of the week
• One technician for both technical rehearsals as well as for each of the 6 performances
• Front of House and Box Office management for the run
• Marketing support including: Advertising through Theatre Alberta, social media (Twitter and Facebook), our website, helping to develop a media package to send out to local media, postering support, printing of programs
What companies will bring:
• A fully rehearsed production of a show between 45 mins and 2 hours long
• All set, costumes, props and any other materials required for the performance of the show
• Assistance in the marketing of the show including providing Punctuate! with a poster/program design, providing production photos for marketing purposes, participating in any media calls, working with Punctuate! Theatre to develop a marketing plan
– A detailed project proposal (no more than 3 pages) including:
• A synopsis of the project (what it is, why it’s relevant, etc.)
• A production history of the project
• Who is involved in the project (bios and roles on the project)
• What the ideal dates (please see above for available dates) would be for your company
• Goals for this production (ie further development of a script, expanding a previous show, further exposure etc.)
– All technical requirements for the show (set description, any lighting specials, etc.)
– Any additional support materials (directly related to the project) including photos, video, reviews, etc.
– If you have a copy of the script, please include it in your submission
We will be accepting both electronic and paper submissions. Please e-mail submissions to Artistic Producer Sheiny Satanove at email@example.com no later than 5pm, Friday, February 15th, 2013. Late submissions will not be considered. If submitting a paper submission, please mail it to
1-10646 83 Ave
Edmonton, AB, T6E 2E2
Paper submissions must be post-marked no later than Wednesday February 13th, 2013 in order for the materials to arrive by Friday, February 15th, 2013.
You may also drop off materials in person up to February 15th, by contacting Artistic Producer Sheiny Satanove at 780-686-8497 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview within one week of the submission deadline.