What is LTTA?
Learning Through the Arts is an arts education program that infuses art into curriculum. We train artists to become artist-educators: artists who can partner with teachers in the classroom to teach Language Arts, Science, Social Studies or Math. A division of the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, we’ve been in existence for 17 years.
– We believe that artists, through their art form, can change the way school happens. Our goal is to engage and empower the youth in Edmonton’s schools.
– We work with sculptors, dancers, painters, writers, drama/theater artists, jewelry designers, First Nations cultural artists, musicians, singers, filmmakers, and photographers, hip hop dancers, DJ specialists, and more!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
– We provide FREE training for any artists who are interested in working in the classroom.
– Any time you spend in one of our classrooms, partnering with a teacher to deliver arts-based instruction is paid work.
— We have an extensive mentorship program and we do our very best to help all artist-educators experience success.
– We can provide work in greater Edmonton schools, with opportunities to work in other areas of Alberta as well.
– The scheduling of this work is very flexible in nature. In an endeavor to promote a strong creative presence in one’s art form and industry, we are happy to accommodate your creative endeavors and commitments outside of the classroom.
We welcome you to come find out about this exciting opportunity! In Alberta we have local artists in several communities, First Nations Elders and Youth Mentors and mentor artists from Alberta and the rest of the country all working together to make LTTA a success in each school it touches.
FREE New Artist Training will be held February 26th and 27th 2013. For more information, and to apply, please contact April Killins at YEG.LTTA@gmail.com. For more information about the program in general, please see www.ltta.ca and watch our video on the Fort McMurray Catholic School Board website: http://fmcschools.ca/learning-through-the-arts
Edmonton Program Leader LTTA
Alberta Regional Manager LTTA