Inside Out Theatre offers quality drama education and theatre production opportunities to people with mixed abilities, where they can experience fellowship, develop their creative skills, and share their stories and ideas with audiences. Inside Out Theatre will promote the role of people with mixed abilities in the artistic community, where they will contribute to the cultural exchange through theatrical performance and use the dramatic arts to create awareness of their issues and experiences.
Inside Out Theatre has been a small theatre company in Calgary for twenty years. The Artistic Director is a senior position that works in tandem with the General Manager; both positions report to the Board of Directors.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the overall artistic vision of the company
• Choosing the artistic productions and services (e.g., classes) for a company’s season
• Hiring creative and production personnel
• Contributing artistic evaluation of productions and services to be included in promotional, funding, and press materials
• Acting as artistic representative of the company and speak to the press
• Providing artistic counsel/input to creative personnel when requested
• Working in tandem with GM with overall management of the company
• Other various tasks that come up
• A university degree in Theatre and Dramatic Arts
• A minimum of two years experience in drama education with diverse populations
• Strong performing arts background with a CV and portfolio of professional work
• Exceptional organization and communication skills
• Experience in overseeing, hiring, coordinating, and leading a small staff of facilitators
• Proven track record of project management of events and productions
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team as well as independently
• Familiarity with the local and Canadian theatre scene
• Recognized as a professional theatre artist by his or her artistic peers
• Firm grasp of non-profit organizations, their policies, and funding needs
• History of effective grant-writing and fundraising
Inside Out Theatre is committed to creating an equitable organizational environment, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please email a cover letter, CV or resume, and list of references to [email protected] by 15 February 2013. Please address the cover letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee.
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.