Evergreen Theatre in Calgary, Alberta is seeking an Artistic Producer to join our team. For over 20 years Evergreen Theatre has been creating distinctive, dynamic theatrical programming that explores pertinent topics through the arts, and leaves our audience feeling connected, inspired and empowered by science and the natural world. The successful candidate must have a passion for Theatre for Young Audiences and environmental education. The position of Artistic Producer is to commence in September 2013.
Since its inception in 1991, Evergreen has grown from a small, grass roots organization into a widely respected Theatre for Young Audiences company that tours across Alberta and internationally. Evergreen produces curriculum-based musical theatre touring shows and artist-in-residency programs for schools, as well as public programs, custom workshops, presentations, and activities for conferences and organizations nation wide. In addition the organization operates the Evergreen Studios, a multi-use arts facility.
Evergreen Theatre is entering an exciting 2013/14 season, with stable operating funding and a strong business model. Evergreen offers employment to over 40 emerging and mid-career artists each season and reaches over 112,000 people a year with our diverse programs.
The Artistic Producer works in partnership with the Executive Director to both manage the daily operations of the company and oversee the execution of the company’s artistic vision and mandate. Major areas of responsibility include:
• Collaborating with the Executive Director on all aspects of company planning, programming, fundraising, budgeting, grant proposals at all levels, facility operations, and board development.
• Producing 3-5 shows each year, selecting artists and creative teams, and developing new work.
• Managing existing programs, marketing programs and cultivating audience development initiatives that support revenue development and fiscal sustainability.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong leadership qualities, team-building experience, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• The ability to motivate and build strong relationships with staff, artists, clients, educational institutions, and board members.
• An understanding of the complex relationship between financial management and artistic integrity, and how to create and implement a strategy that marries the two components, ensuring the artistic excellence, future growth and sustainability of Evergreen Theatre.
Assets to the position include:
– Experience directing Theatre for Young Audiences
– Experience producing professional theatre
– Experience working as a theatre educator
– Accreditation from a professional theatre training program (or equivalency)
– Experience working as an interpreter
– A background in science or environmental education
– Experience managing a professional theatre company.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS:
– This is a full time salaried position with health benefits
– Please email a current CV, with cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position and two professional references, as well as salary expectations by March 1, 2013 to email@example.com
– All applications will be confidential
– Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted