The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for Running Crew for the summer of 2013. The contract would run from June 27 to July 24, 2013
The set team consists of: a design coordinator, Head Carpenter, Set Carpenters, Running Crew and Production Volunteers.
Stage Hands/ Running Crew- Duties include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the operation and movement of Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• Pre-setting, show setting and striking of Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• ‘On the Fly’ repairs and assistance for problems pertaining to Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• Rigging and operation of Stage, Set and FX pieces, plus (once trained) Human load rigging during the run of the show.
• Report directly to the Head Scenic Carpenter, Stage Management and the production Director.
• Other Duties as necessary for the smooth and effective running of shows.
Thorough knowledge of structural and mechanical construction for the stage and film industries.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Ailsa Birnie at email@example.com no later than January 31, 2013