The Citadel Theatre (Edmonton, Alberta) is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing and Communications to join our dynamic team. We are looking for a creative, organized, self-motivated leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment to drive earned income through ticket sales and to oversee the company’s marketing, branding, communications and public relations campaigns. Reporting to the Artistic Director and Executive Director, this is a full-time, year-round position.
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season of nine plays plus our popular Beyond the Stage series. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School and Citadel Young Companies.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for:
• planning and implementing marketing strategies to strengthen ticket sales and increase customer retention to achieve a combined subscription and single ticket sales target of approximately $5 million annually.
• developing, implementing and managing public and media relations strategies to increase public awareness and a positive view of the Citadel Theatre and its programming.
• planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies for Robbins Academy programs.
• planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies to promote the success of Sponsorship and Fund Development goals.
• analyzing sales and market trends.
• developing and managing the department budget.
• leading the Marketing and Communications Department which includes Corporate Relations.
• contributing to season and strategic planning.
• A minimum of 5 years marketing and public and media relations experience including a strong understanding of web-based and social media marketing techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a continually changing, fast-paced environment and work with a diversity of people, productions, events and situations.
• Knowledge and experience with up-to-date technology to increase patron awareness, drive ticket sales, etc.
• Experience in the arts and a passion for theatre are assets
Salary: Competitive salary within the not-for-profit sector, plus benefits
To Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of interest to Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.