Kimberley Summer Theatre Society (KST)
Contract: 7 months ($8000) February – August 2013
Accommodation may be available and negotiable with pay
Application Deadline: January 20th, 2012
Kimberley Summer Theatre Society (founded 1997) produces yearly theatre shows and a summer theatre school in Kimberley BC, a small, scenic town in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Their objective is to provide affordable but professional theatre for an international audience of all ages.
Kimberley Summer Theatre is looking for a producer to oversee their upcoming summer season of two shows: Self-Help by Norm Foster (July 9 – August 17) at Centre 64 Theatre, and The Wizard of Oz (July 30 – August 9) at McKim Theatre.
Responsibilities: The Producer oversees all aspects of the Theatre Company’s Season and reports to the Kimberley Summer Theatre Society Board of Directors. These activities shall include, but not be limited to the following
1. Budget: Check that all expenditures stay within the prescribed budget.
2. Auditions: Advertise, set up, and conduct with Board/Show Directors.
3. Contract Recommendations: Present contract positions for Board approval.
4. Promotion: Work with Promotions Manager to see that deadlines are met.
5. Actor’s Accommodation: Check with Board Rep on house readiness.
6. Parades: Work with Board Rep for Theatre Company’s entry/readiness.
7. Actor’s Arrival: Give orientation regarding expectations, rehearsal schedule, accommodation, welcome dinner, and an information pack on Kimberley.
8. Theatre Readiness: Work with SM, Directors, Set Builder, Light/Sound Technician, etc. to ensure theatre readiness at least one week before opening show.
9. Theatre Program: Assist with actor bio, ads and general info with regards to accuracy and meeting the printing deadline.
10. Opening Night: Orchestrate and oversee cast, crew, volunteer, audience party.
11. Season Wrap-Up: Orchestrate closing night party. Oversee operations for dismantling of set, props and costume storage, laundry, and theatre cleanliness. Prepare a final report for the Board.
Interested parties should submit a cover-letter and resume by January 20th to Shirley Rossi at [email protected].