The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time
FRONT OF HOUSE ASSISTANT
Reporting to the House Manager, the FOH Assistant:
- Ensures the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of the public at performances and events
- Ensures the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers
- Establishes positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission
- Ensures the safety of all theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; Have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and make all staff aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations
- Regulates the entry of latecomers and control disruptive patrons; and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission
- Prepares daily reports: show reports, sales reports and ticket stub count.
- Assists with Volunteer scheduling and coordination
- Other Front of House related administration
- Available to work flexible hours and be available weekends and evenings
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience
- Post-secondary education
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to problem solve and think on your feet
- Leadership skills
- Experience in volunteer coordination and management is an asset
The number and length of FOH Assistant shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please forward your resume by email to [email protected] indicating “FOH Assistant” in the subject line.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.