Performance Dates: May 20th – 25th
Audition Dates: February 10th & 11th; Times: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Walterdale Playhouse (10322 83 Avenue)
This year’s Festival consists of the following selected pieces:
The Ugly Spot by Lisa Lorentz-Gilroy
Director: John Trethart; Dramaturge: Brian Dooley
Exposure by Stephen Allred, Bethany Hughes and Jessie McPhee
Director: Eric Rice; Dramaturge: Tracy Carroll
The Ugly Spot: 2 Strangers meet in an unlikely place where a tragic event once happened — each seeking resolution.
- Paul: Male, 18 years old
- Paula: Female, 20 years old
- Caroline: Female, 40s
Exposure: Three people’s lives intertwine. Each seeks help for a very different reason, but perhaps they can help each other?
- Will: Male, 20 – 40 years
- Anna: Female, 20 – 40 years
- Eric: Male, 20 – 40 years, plays guitar
- The auditions will comprise of the following:
- Please bring any conflict dates you have to the audition. Headshots and résumés are recommended, but not required.
- As these are new works under development, Copies of the Scripts are NOT available.
- Walterdale is a volunteer/member organization. We cannot engage Equity performers.
- Please prepare a short (1-2 minute) contemporary monologue
- Readings from the scripts
- For The Ugly Spot — you may be asked to sing a short a cappella song — no preparation needed.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Email Kristen Finlay with FROM CRADLE TO STAGE AUDITIONS in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-406-1256. If you have any questions, please contact me.
(Drop-ins will be accommodated as time allows)