About the Position
Reporting to the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Director of Marketing and Audience Development will create and implement marketing strategies to promote Theatre Network’s work within Edmonton and surrounding areas. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing ongoing campaigns that connect with new audiences and increase patron loyalty, as well as oversee general public communications for the theatre.
About Theatre Network
For 38 seasons, Theatre Network has brought contemporary Canadian theatre to Edmonton audiences and beyond. Under the Artistic Direction of Bradley Moss, Network strives to present and create compelling works that inspire, provoke and challenge. The historic Roxy Theatre on 124 Street is our home, where we annually host a Mainstage season, the Roxy Performance Series for independent companies, and the Nextfest festival for emerging artists.
Marketing Responsibilities include:
– Lead annual subscription campaign
– Strategically manage a given marketing budget throughout the season
– Act as head copywriter for all promotional and advertising materials
– Advise graphic designer on all marketing materials
– Implement advertising campaigns within budget for each production
– Plan and assist in the distribution of all marketing materials
– Manage and update social media, website and weekly e-newsletter
– Manage direct mail and email campaigns
– Liaise with media sponsors and cross-promotional partners
Audience Development Responsibilities to include:
– Create and implement promotional/outreach plan for each Mainstage production, special events, subscription drive and donation campaigns
– Liaise with high schools, post-secondary institutions and other cultural organizations in planning of special matinees, events, etc.
– Create and implement ongoing initiatives to boost email list subscribers and memberships on social media sites
– Drive audience development initiatives to target new audiences
– Devise new and effective ways to improve patron loyalty programs
– Maintain the Theatre Network brand
The successful candidate will have:
– At least three years relevant experience
– Background in marketing, communications and community outreach initiatives
– Ability to plan, develop and execute strategic marketing plans
– Knowledge of the theatre industry an asset
– Excellent communication skills, including copywriting skills (print and online)
– Experience in email and social media marketing
– Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills
– Initiative and ability to effectively coordinate multiple assignments and projects
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you are passionate about promoting the arts and contributing to the future success of Theatre Network, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than January 6, 2013 to:
Fawnda Mithrush, General Manager
10708 124 Street
Edmonton, AB | T5M0H1
For more information, visit http://www.theatrenetwork.ca/get-involved.php?page=35
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. All applications are held in confidence.