Position: Artistic Director – 5 hours a week
Reporting to: The President and Board of the NITC
Location: Edmonton, AB
The National Ice Theatre of Canada (NITC) is a not for profit organization dedicated to advancing ice theatre as a performance art. Founded in 1992, the NITC Company of performers has traveled nationally and internationally, bringing its unique and universal works to a diverse audience. In the past the NITC has created successful shows during the Edmonton Fringe Festival, among other venues, and spread ice art through seminar work across Alberta. After several years’ hiatus, NITC is ready to spring back into action.
Quite simply; Ice Theatre is a form of performance art, which uses ice as the medium for diffusion. Ice offers many qualities that cannot be found on a stage, a dance floor, or even an aerialist’s hook. One fine example is the ability to glide. The ideal Artistic Director must see potential in on-ice movement.
– Develop and Disseminate at least one annual program.
– Inspire, direct, and evaluate interprets.
– Act as a spokesperson for NITC’s vision and mission.
– Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis to provide an update on artistic direction.
– Foster the development of good relations with other cultural organizations.
– With the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, develop program budgets.
– Operate at least one annual seminar to promote the growth of the movement.
– Vision. Our new Artistic Director must have a long-term vision for dissemination of performance art using skaters and ice as media.
– Ability to Conceive, Develop, and Disseminate exciting new artistic programs.
– Ability to design and develop original choreographies.
– Previous experience developing artistic projects.
– Experience and contacts in the Edmonton arts community for collaboration.
– Exceptional communication skills.
Please submit all applications to Jen Kagan, at NITCinfo@gmail.com.
Application Deadline: January 7th 2013