The Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) is a non-profit society and charitable organization that supports and promotes the arts community in Edmonton. The EAC works to increase the profile and involvement of arts and culture in all aspects of our community.
We are recruiting for an Executive Director to successfully lead and manage all aspects of the EAC operations in accordance with the strategic direction as set by the Board of Directors. In addition to demonstrating high caliber leadership skills, the successful candidate will be a strong advocate, relationship builder and have the ability to influence key stakeholders ultimately to serve the arts in Edmonton.
In addition to proven experience in a senior management position in a not-for-profit environment, the following competencies will be critical to possess:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, develop and execute strategic business plans
- Provide leadership in the daily management of operations including human resources, fiscal, legal and fiduciary compliance, accounting and budgeting
- Proven ability to develop and adapt to a growing organization structure with diverse program areas and multiple stakeholders with diverse interests
- Experience in developing and implementing policy guidelines with a solid understanding of effective governance for not-for-profit organizations
- A creative and innovative approach to improve the operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in a related discipline. An advanced degree (i.e. MBA) would be preferred.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
If you are passionate about making a difference and contributing to the future success of the EAC, please submit your cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations, no later than January 7, 2013 to the Edmonton Arts Council at
Email: [email protected] (single-file attachment only please)
Edmonton Arts Council
Prince of Wales Armoury, 2nd Floor
10440 108 Avenue
Canada T5H 3Z9
The Edmonton Arts Council thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.