Operations Assistant (Building Porter)
Under the direction of the Director of Facility Operations, the Operations Assistant is responsible for moving, set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs & podiums, pianos, office furnishings and signage required for Citadel Theatre programs, events & rentals. In addition, this position will assist Citadel Theatre Management and staff with the safety of the public and employees and protection of the building in conjunction with the Citadel’s security contract provider(s).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Moving, setting up and tearing down of tables, chairs, podiums, pianos, office furnishings, signage, etc.
- Prioritizing requests and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting with receiving of shipments.
- Protecting the Citadel Theatre building, equipment and users personal effects in support of the Citadel’s security provider.
- Locking and unlocking facility doors in support of the Citadel’s security provider.
- Responding to building alarms by alerting appropriate services.
- Completing administrative paperwork as required.
- Handling small maintenance and housekeeping emergencies in the absence of usual staff.
- Processing outgoing mail.
- Other duties as requested.
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who displays a positive attitude.
- Physically able to move and set-up tables, chairs, etc.
- Able to work with staff and public in a polite and cooperative manner.
- Able to prioritize and work unsupervised.
- Able to receive and send emails on a computer and cell phone.
Reply by October 18, 2012 via email to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Full benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. The Citadel Theatre thanks all applicants in advance.