Deadline: October 15, 2012
Fringe Theatre Adventures
From its grassroots beginnings as Chinook Touring theatre in 1980, Fringe Theatre Adventures (FTA) is a community recognized for theatre evolution. FTA produces the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival and showcases theatre year-round in our south side performance arts facility, the TransAlta Arts Barns.
As part of the Fringe Theatre Adventures team, the Box Office Manager is responsible for the management of the box office system, tickets sales, and daily operations directly related to ticket sales. This position works closely with the Event Services Manager and Front of House team to sell, monitor and reconcile daily tickets sales. It includes programming season and events information, working with financial systems and above all, leading customer service initiatives for FTA.
• Building season, company, rental events within the Box Office software system
• Managing the execution of season, rental box office sales, including customer service initiatives
• Reconciling box office software system and cash on hand on a daily basis
• Ensuring the integrity of patron information and assisting with database management
• Arranging discount group ticket sales and gift certificates including school performances
• Liaising between website designers/providers, box office software system provider and IT personnel to ensure communications between systems is compatible & functioning
• Training scheduling & hiring personnel as necessary • Ensuring the Box Office is maintained and is clean and orderly throughout the year
• strong interpersonal and customer services skills
• ability to work in a demanding environment with a diverse group of people
• a highly organized self-starter, independent and self-directed
• detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
• strong computer skills and the ability to grasp new technical material quickly
• Previous experience with box office systems is an asset
This position will be a flexible 25-30 hours per week at an hourly rate of $18 to $20 per hour. The candidate must be able to work a variable schedule which will include evenings, weekends during events. The contract for this position will extend until April 30, 2013 with the opportunity to negotiate a fulltime position starting May 1st for the 2013 Edmonton International Fringe Festival.
Closing Date: October 15, 2012
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Jill Roszell, Executive Director
Fringe Theatre Adventures
#300, 10330 – 84 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6E 2G9
All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.