The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for reliable, customer service oriented individuals to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as part-time
FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISORS
Reporting to the House Manager, Front of House Supervisors:
• Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of the public at performances and events
• Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers
• Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
• Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
• Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission
• Ensure the safety of all theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; Have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and make all staff aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations
• Regulate the entry of latecomers and control disruptive patrons; and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission
• Prepare daily reports: show reports, sales reports and ticket stub count.
Available to work flexible hours and be available weekends and evenings (This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours.)
2 to 3 years of customer service experience
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
The number and length of Supervisor shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please forward your resume by email to email@example.com indicating “FOH Supervisor” in the subject line. The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Download the information PDF: FOH Supervisors Aug 2012