Theatre Calgary is one of Canada’s largest and most successful theatre companies with a mandate to create vital and insightful productions of classic plays from the Canadian and International Repertoire. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Customer Service, the Group Sales Coordinator’s key responsibility is to effectively prospect, market and sell tickets to groups of potential theatre-goers and to foster solid relationships with these groups in order to ensure they not only have outstanding theatre experiences, but become repeat customers of Theatre Calgary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to the following):
• Actively engages in selling Theatre Calgary Season Subscriptions and Single Tickets (by phone and/or in person) while adhering to the current Theatre Calgary marketing strategies and maintaining superb customer service levels.
• Is ( or quickly becomes) fluent on the Tessitura ticketing system in order to process and track purchases, ticket exchanges, ticket re-prints, etc.
• Keeps accurate and legible records (accounting, communications, pending files, etc.)
• Handles customer relations and patron inquiries in person and over the telephone in a manner that is not only respectful but which reflects the highest customer service standards.
• Becomes thoroughly familiar with all aspects of Theatre Calgary in order to provide patrons and potential customers with accurate information regarding the company, our productions, the theatre, policies and procedures etc.. These communications must be made with the primary goal of ensuring an ultimate customer experience.
• Actively participates in all incoming and outbound call campaigns as required.
• Actively participates in all facets of Sales campaigns as requested (selling, tracking, calling, printing, mailings, etc.)
• Performs other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must enjoy working with the public in a variety of capacities
• Must possess the ability to multi-task, work independently and interact well with a wide rage of internal and external clients
• Must be comfortable and proficient with telephone sales
• Must be comfortable and proficient participating in outbound calling campaigns
• Must be pro-active and creative with excellent customer service skills ( in person, written word, and tele phone).
• Must be comfortable and productive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
• Must be flexible and work well under stress
• Must be well organized, decisive and have good follow-through skills
• Must be articulate, composed & able to represent Theatre Calgary to the fullest, on the telephone and in person
• Prior experience with Box Office Sales and ticketing systems (Tessitura) preferred
• Must be computer literate – Excel, Word
Theatre Calgary offers a full range of benefits and a positive work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and abilities. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter & resume in confidence to:
Kate Beck, Director of Sales, Theatre Calgary
220 9th Ave. S.E., Calgary T2G 5C4
e-mail: [email protected]
Theatre Calgary thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 24, 2012.
Download the information PDF: TCEmploymentOppSalesCustService