KAY MEEK CENTRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
DIRECTOR OF FUND DEVELOPMENT
The Kay Meek Centre in West Vancouver seeks a Director of Fund Development. The Meek opened its doors November 6, 2004. Since then it has grown and developed into a cultural jewel for West Vancouver and the North Shore. Recently, the Board of Directors approved a new Strategic Plan for 2012-2017 to reflect the evolution of the organization. Our mission is
“To produce, provide and present excellent performing arts experiences and opportunities for our community and beyond.”
With the recent addition of a professional theatre operation, TheatreK, the organization is poised for significant growth. We seek a dynamic team player to carry out the ongoing activities related to raising our community and regional profile, increasing sponsorship, foundation, individual, grants and annual giving to our various activities and operations and generally partnering with other staff members to make each event and presentation more visible to the entire local and Lower Mainland community.
• Provide advice and guidance to the Managing and Artistic Director on marketing and publicity strategies for all productions and events.
• Provide advice and guidance regarding branding in all communications
• Plan and execute one annual major fundraiser…This event raised over 50K in 2012
• Plan and execute an annual giving Campaign
• Create an endowment and planned giving campaign
• Implement stakeholder communication related sponsorships and corporate support:
• Steward existing funders through regular and timely communication • Renew and grow revenue with existing sponsors by exploring new options
• Work with relevant staff on proposals, stewardship and recognition programs and reports
• Establish new relationships and new sources of funding
• Participate in fund-raising and stewardship events as needed.
• A university degree in music/arts and/or business management or equivalent experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience of progressively responsible experience in fund-raising, particularly in the area of sponsorship
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence in stakeholders
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills
• Knowledge of the performing arts, particularly theatre and music
• Financial and budgeting abilities, strong research and organizational skills as well as exceptional attention to detail.
This position can be managed as a “fee for service” contract position or as a full time salaried position depending on the candidate’s preference and organizational situation. In either situation the salary and benefits are excellent for the industry.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, two references (with contact information).
Electronic submissions only will be accepted.
Please direct all inquiries to the attention of Claude A. Giroux: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are considered confidential. Deadline is August 25th, 2012.