Head of Props – Alberta Theatre Projects
Alberta Theatre Projects is seeking a Head of Props for the 2012/13 season.
Position dates are: August 27th 2012 – May 3, 2013. This is an annually renewable contract position. Specific work dates will vary each season.
Job Description/ Duties
• Preliminary planning & drafting of construction drawings (as required) for all props for the season.
Working closely with designers to meet the props requirements for each show.
• Construction and purchase of all props for the 2012/13 season
• Scheduling the build in conjunction with the Technical Director
• Independently managing the props materials and labour budgets for each show.
• Supervising all additional labour required for the completion of props.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled
• Read all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of build.
• Organizing a props shop, tool repair and maintaining its supplies and materials
• Jointly managing props rentals to outside organizations throughout the season.
• Experienced with theatrical props building including a wide range of styles, techniques and materials.
• Experience with Vectorworks and all associated programs.
• Broad working knowledge of construction techniques using a range of tools.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s leading contemporary theatres. We are in residence in the Martha Cohen Theatre (a 400 seat proscenium/thrust theatre) in the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts in the heart of downtown Calgary, Alberta. We produce from September through May. Our season is busy; our workplace is dynamic; the work on our stage is exciting and wide-ranging in style, process and artistry. We’re seeking a great team member to help us achieve our artistic goals and take ATP into the future. Check out our website at www.atplive.com.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, a small portfolio (digital or web based is preferred) and a list of three references by Friday, August 3, 2012, to David Fraser, Production Manager at [email protected]. Interviews will take place in early August. Only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.