On February 11, 1992, Key City Theatre (KCT) opened and the Society was formed to:
• foster appreciation of and community involvement in the arts,
• operate and sustain a first-class performing arts, conference and cultural centre for the people of the East Kootenay,
• present professional artists that challenge and celebrate the cultural fabric of our nation of communities, with an emphasis on new and emerging artists, audiences and forums.
• become an autonomous, financially independent entity, while maintaining and enhancing our quality of service. The Board of Directors (KCTS) is looking for a candidate to become the next Managing Director of our theatre.
• Responsible and accountable for the administration and operation of KCT, as well as supervise four staff members (Office Manager, Marketing Assistant, Box Office and Technical) in addition to a corps of volunteers.
• Programming a performing arts season, develop and monitor programs to expand local and regional audiences, negotiate, schedule and finalize all booking requests, keeping accurate records of usage,
• Develop, implement and monitor marketing plans, advertising and promotion of the theatre.
• Lead and coordinate major and supporting fundraising activities, including the creation and submission of formal grant applications.
• Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, prepare and administer annual operation and capital budgets, negotiate all contracts for performances presented by KCT and rental agreements for parties wishing to use the Theatre.
• Reconcile box office expenditures/revenues, hire, direct, supervise and evaluate staff and contracted positions, create and maintain job description for all staff as well as prepare staff payroll.
• Recruit, supervise and recognize volunteers and their efforts.
• Attend monthly Board meetings.
• Represent the public face of the Theatre to the general public, patrons, performers, donors, sponsors and the community organizations.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Post-secondary education and/or 3 years experience, preferably in arts administration,
• Management experience in finance, fundraising and marketing,
• Considerable knowledge of the performing arts industry and/or the not-for-profit sector,
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills, IT knowledge and skills, and
• A passion for the presentation and development of the performing arts.
Posting closes August 31, 2012.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations and three references to: Attention: Sandra Cave (Chair KCTS) 20 14th Avenue N., Cranbrook, B.C. V1C6H4
Phone: 250-426-7006 Fax: 250-426-5806 Email: email@example.com