The Old Trout Puppet Workshop
Contract Production Manager/Technical Director position
The Old Trout Puppet Workshop is comprised of life-long members who have committed to the camaraderie of collective artistic effort. It aspires to be world class in innovation, technique, and originality of imagination. We are seeking another member of our team to join us as we continue our mandate of touring, nationally and internationally and producing in Calgary.
Hours: Part and Full time as required
Term of Contract: September 1, 2012 to Jan 31, 2012
Employment Conditions: Time off in lieu of overtime. Contract position. Compensation commiserate with experience.
The Production Manager is primarily responsible for the coordination of all technical and production requirements for The Old Trout Puppet Workshop and it’s 2012/13 Season.
Detailed responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant, depending on their skills and experience. The core skills and duties are itemized below.
The Production Manager reports directly to the General Manager and Artistic Core.
• Review venues for tours and co-ordinate technical and logistical requirements
• Create “tour bible” in collaboration with General Manager
• Liaise with theatre technical representatives regarding access and conditions of use
• Determine whether any permits or licenses, insurance certificates are required for sites or production elements and arrange for them if needed.
• Coordinate lighting, sound, staging, electrical infrastructure, communication systems and other equipment required for productions
• Liaise with artistic core to determine production design requirements
• Undertake any construction required for production design, or engage suitable staff or contractors in negotiation with Artistic Core and
• Take part in artistic planning & production meetings with artistic core and company staff
• Manage technical production budgets in consultation with the General Manager
• Produce and distribute production schedules for all company staff and artists
• Coordinate Load-in and Strike
• Attend rehearsals and be available to tour as necessary
• Operate technical equipment for rehearsals and public performance, as required
• Take part in an evaluation process after each project’s completion
• Develop technical requirements schedules for all projects including set, staging, Lighting and Audio
• Create lighting plots as needed and act as Lighting Director and oversee hang and Focus as required on tour in collaboration with the Lighting Designer
• Pick up and delivery of equipment and materials as needed
• Co-ordinate maintenance of workshop with artistic core
• Maintain storage
Education, Experience, Skills
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in technical theatre, experience with Auto CADD or Vectorworks, carpentry skills and experience touring. A driver’s license is required. Must be willing to travel. Post-secondary training in technical theatre and production is ideal however other arts based education and work experience will be considered.
Closing date: Aug 15th, 2012
For more information: email@example.com