The Citadel Theatre/Robbins Academy is seeking applications from the Edmonton professional theatre community for the position of
The director will take part in the 2013 Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program as a full participant. At the conclusion of the five-week training component, they will serve as the Assistant Director on the Citadel’s production of The Penelopiad.
The position includes:
- Participation in all classes/professional development workshops in Banff and Edmonton, including movement, voice, singing, improvisation, stage combat, preparation techniques, mask, clown technique, and text analysis.
- Assisting the directors of the Scene Study and Creation workshops in Banff
- Taking part in directing seminars with faculty and participants of the Professional Theatre Program
- Assisting the coordination of the Professional Theatre Program showcase in Banff and Edmonton
- Assisting the creative team of The Penelopiad in rehearsal, including Director Brenda Bazinet, Associate Director/Choreographer Dayna Tekatch, and Designer Bretta Gerecke
The dates of the Intern Director Program are January 20 – April 21, 2013 inclusive. The first four weeks of the Program take place in Banff, followed by one-week of further training/professional development in Edmonton. The rehearsal period for The Penelopiad is approximately six weeks.
For the training period, there is no specific remuneration. Room and board, tuition fees, and transportation are fully covered by the Citadel Theatre and the Banff Centre. Remuneration for the six-week rehearsal period is to be confirmed.
The Citadel is specifically seeking female applicants from the Edmonton professional community, including established and emerging artists. As such, the successful applicant should be an Edmonton resident. Some professional directing experience is preferred but not essential.
Interested individuals should apply to Program Director James MacDonald with a letter of intent describing their interest in the Program, detailing their experience as a director/assistant director. Please include an up-to-date CV. Email applications are preferred, to[email protected]. Please include the subject line “Intern Director”
The Citadel Theatre/Robbins Academy is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from qualified individuals from a diversity of backgrounds.
The application deadline is 5.00pm Friday 29 June, 2012.