As Southern Alberta’s largest and longest-serving theatre company, Theatre Calgary is mandated to continually create ambitious programming and insightful productions while striving to passionately engage the community at large. Housed in the EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts, Theatre Calgary is proud to celebrate the art of live theatre by presenting an electric mix of productions which will stimulate, provoke and delight. Governed by a 32-member Board of Directors, Theatre Calgary employs 20-25 permanent staff members – as well as up to 250 artists and crew members over a season. The Theatre’s operating budget is in excess of $8 million annually. Theatre Calgary produces six full-scale productions each season – ranging from classics to Broadway musical to innovative new works on a Canadian focus – and reaches an audience of over 110,000 annually.
The Development Associate is primarily responsible for ongoing stewardship and benefit delivery to the Theatre’s established network of corporate, contra and foundations-based sponsors and donors. In addition, the Development Associate will assist Business Development team and the Director of Development.
The Development Associate will collaborate with other staff within the department to achieve fundraising goals through a combination of corporate support, planned and individual giving and the staging of special events. This is a full-time, permanent position.
• Ongoing stewardship and benefit delivery to the Theatre’s growing network of sponsors.
• Support for sponsor cultivation, solicitation and prospecting.
• Management and execution of annual fundraising event, in collaboration with senior staff/Board of Directors.
• Tracking and acknowledgement of donations; issuing of tax receipts and other acknowledgment as needed.
• Ongoing support of the Dress Circle program and Dress Circle events.
• Ongoing support for the Director of Development on an as-needed basis.
• Occasional grant writing and editing.
• Donor recognition/acknowledgements.
• Tax receipting and related reporting on an ongoing basis.
• Management of the Theatre’s ongoing Senior Saturday program.
• On-site event support for ongoing sponsor engagement events.
• Coordination of Opening Nights, our Season Launch and other special events with a sponsor/partner recognition component.
• 3 years prior experience in a dedicated fund development capacity, preferably in a comparable arts or not-for-profit organization.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Hospitality and special-event experience an asset.
• Ability to self-manage workload volumes and changing priorities in a team environment with a strong results-oriented focus.
• Excellent relationship management skills an asset.
• Superb written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Publisher).
• Experience with the Tessitura database system a strong asset.
Please note that there are weekend and evening commitments associated with this position.
Theatre Calgary offers a competitive range of benefits and a positive, high-energy work environment. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Remuneration for this position is contingent with prior experience and performance.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Theatre Calgary thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, July 13 2012, at 4:00 p.m.