Edmonton Opera is looking for a Special Events Coordinator
Reporting to the Fund Development Manager and working in collaboration with all departments, this exceptional individual will provide assistance in planning, coordination and execution of all events, receptions and other activities by Edmonton Opera. Working with internal staff and outside vendors, the Special Events Coordinator is the primary contact for all event planning activities.
Special Events Coordinator
This position reports to the Fund Development Manager and is a member of the Fund Development Team.
– Coordinate all aspects of the Events Portfolio including donor related events
– Assist the Fund Development Manager in establishing and monitoring event budgets
– Monitor progress of event critical paths and risk issues
– Track progress of planning against established timelines
– Ensure all necessary permits, forms and paperwork are completed
– Work with staff to support event sponsorship agreements
– Collaborate with other departments
– Assistance with mail outs for all events
– Work with staff to prepare post-event campaign analysis
– Work with staff for planning, executing and evaluating events
– Access to a car and you possess a valid drivers license
– Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
This position requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in the special events arena, and a strong ability to prioritize tasks and workload is important. Excellent communications skills (both written and oral), and an ability to effectively communicate with Senior Staff and Board Members in a professional manner are important.
Post-secondary education with a focus on event management or a related field is preferred, or an equivalent amount of work experience.
This position will require working with various departments in organizing our special events/donor events, so an ability to work well in team environment as well as independently is a must. A minimum of two years of directly related work experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in contributing within a creative and dynamic environment, please email your resume and cover letter to Darren Staten, Fund Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: July 6th, 2012.