Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) is a national leader in the creation, presentation and production of contemporary theatre, and one of the province’s most established arts organizations. We annually produce a season of eight plays, including the internationally recognized Enbridge playRites Festival of New Canadian Plays. Our LEGACY program (Lifelong Education and Growth for Artists, Community and Youth) is central to our mission, built on a decades-long spirit of mentorship.
Alberta Theatre Projects welcomes applications for the position of Communications Manager: an integral part of the Marketing and Communications Department. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, this position is responsible for:
• Building and maintaining relationships in all media generating positive coverage for ATP
• Developing, managing and executing a variety of social media activities such as facebook and twitter
• Monitoring conversations and staying abreast of the latest media trends to deliver insights and actionable initiatives to increase public awareness of ATP and our productions
• Managing production of public relations and social media support materials such as press kits, photography, video and press releases
• Tracking and documentation of all ATP specific media coverage for all ATP activities
• Acting as an ATP Brand Ambassador, fostering a sense of community around the organization
• Supporting the Marketing and Communication Director in enhancing the company’s local, national and international profile.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in communications/public relations which includes developing and executing strategic communications plans designed to maximize public awareness and good will through traditional media relations, social media activities and promotions. He/She will be an energetic, creative, self starter with the ability to manage and prioritize many projects at the same time with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be a team player who is naturally consultative with a demonstrated ability to gain collaboration through influence and persuasion.
Please ensure your letter of interest and résumé is received by Alberta Theatre Projects by email or mail no later than 5:00 PM, Monday, July 2nd, 2012.
Alberta Theatre Projects
Attn: Ashley Menzies
220 9th Ave SE
Calgary AB T2G 5C4
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.