COSTUME ROOM TECHNICAL ASSISTANT – Heritage Park Historical Village
Our world class attraction is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team on a full-time basis to assist in all aspects of the Costume Department. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Reporting to the Costume Designer, the Technical Assistant conducts costume fittings, issues and returns costumes. Provides administrative assistance, sourcing and researching information. Assists with the development of patterns, cutting, construction and maintenance of costumes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conducts costume fittings.
– Issues and returns costumes maintaining computerized inventory records.
– Cuts garments for production sewing.
– Provides administrative assistance to Costume Designer.
– Co-ordinates conservation process for textile artifacts.
– Assists with the development and grading of patterns when required.
– Sources out suppliers and researches information for Costume Department.
– Assists with construction of costumes.
– Assists with alteration and repair of costumes when required.
– Assists with laundering and maintenance of costumes when required.
– Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Post Secondary training in clothing or costume construction, plus 2-3 years of sewing experience including pattern making and pattern grading. The ideal candidate will have experience working with computer databases and inventory systems. Experience with costume management preferred.
Strong computer and organizational skills are required. Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment.
Good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
Strong sewing skills, pattern making and pattern grading skills are required.
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
Please note that interested candidates must be immediately eligible to work and reside in Canada.
Heritage Park offers a great working environment. Please submit your resume in confidence by Sunday July 8, 2012 to: Heritage Park Historical Village, Attention: Human Resources Department, 1900 Heritage Drive S.W.,Calgary, Alberta T2V 2X3. Fax: (403) 268-8554 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org