POSITION TITLE: Festival Box Office Staff
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
DURATION: August 7 to Sept 2, 2012
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager & Assistant Box Office Manager
DEADLINE: June 15, 2012
Fringe Theatre Adventures is seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and dependable team players to work in the festival box office during the 31st Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival.
- Pre-Sales, Festival work, Festival Hold-Overs
- Sell festival tickets, passes and programs in person and over the phone
- Provide festival and show information to patrons
- Cash outs and reconciliation of daily shifts
- Assist with daily set-up and take down of all festival satellite box offices
- Trouble shoot technical issues during the festival
- Provide information, support and assistance to volunteers and patrons as required
- Provide assistance and support to box office managers as required
- Ensure effective communication occurs between staff members, volunteers, box office
- Box Office experience is an asset.
- An appreciation and passion for the Arts is an asset.
- Knowledge of a theatre environment, specifically the Fringe Festival is an asset.
- Must have experience with computers. Ticketing software experience is an asset.
- Cash management experience.
- Self-starter who is motivated and works well independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances in a bustling festival environment.
- Possess excellent customer service, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Working weekends and evenings will be required.
- Some physical work required.
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. Fringe Theatre thanks all applicants in advance for applying; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter by mail or email to:
Box Office Manager, Fringe Theatre Adventures Society
10330 84th Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 2G9
No phone calls please.