Office Administrator / Executive Assistant Required
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that represents more than 1,100 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services, including:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, advocacy, and publications
We require a highly motivated and organized Office Administrator / Executive Assistant who will be responsible for overall office administration and management, as well as support for the Executive Director. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- first point of contact for Theatre Alberta members and the general public
- design and maintenance of membership databases
- maintenance of office computer network, hardware, and software
- liaising with suppliers, instructors, and contractors
- basic financial responsibilities including receipting revenue and tracking expenditures
- administrative support for programs and services, including fundraising initiatives
- administrative support to the Executive Director for day-to-day operations
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as a team player. Excellent computer and communication skills are required. Previous work in the not-for-profit sector and a broad knowledge of Alberta’s theatre community will be considered assets.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Job sharing proposals will be considered from highly qualified candidates only. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is pleasant, supportive, and positive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence August 1, 2012. Salary range $29,000 – $32,000.
By June 25, 2012, please forward your resume with letter of interest highlighting qualifications to
Keri Mitchell, Executive Director: email@example.com
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Download the job description as a PDF: TheatreAlbertaOfficeAdministrator