Punctuate! Theatre is seeking an organized and enthusiastic student to fill the part-time position of Venue Manager at our Fringe venue. This position is funded in part by the SCIP Internship program, and therefore the position must be filled by someone continuing in a post-secondary institution.
- Develop a system for maintaining cleanliness and safety of the venue.
- Develop and manage a cleaning schedule for the venue.
- Develop an emergency evacuation plan.
- Report to and communicate with the Venue Production Manager and Technical Director about restocking cleaning supplies and building amenities, as well as venue safety concerns.
- Recruit venue staff volunteers.
- Supervise, train, and schedule all venue volunteers.
- Run and manage the venue on a daily basis throughout the festival.
- May be required to fill Front of House and/or concession shifts as part of the management position.
- MUST be a returning student to a recognized Alberta post-secondary institution.
- MUST have proof of enrollment for the next academic year.
- An appreciation and passion for the Arts.
- Standard First Aid is an asset.
- MUST be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with a variety people is an asset.
- MUST have a flexible schedule during the Edmonton International Fringe Festival (August 16-26)
Punctuate! Theatre thanks all applicants in advance for applying; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter by email to:
Sheiny Satanove – [email protected]