Punctuate! Theatre is seeking a creative and talented student to fill the position of Sound Designer for our touring production of An Evening With Satan. This position is funded in part by the SCIP Internship program, and therefore the position must be filled by someone continuing in a post-secondary institution.
- Work with the director, playwright, and stage manager to create a complete sound design for An Evening With Satan.
- Attend all technical rehearsals of the production in Edmonton
- Execute all edits/changes to the design in a timely manner
- MUST be a returning student to a recognized Alberta post-secondary institution.
- MUST have proof of enrollment for the next academic year.
- MUST have prior experience with sound design.
- Familiarity with Q-Lab is an asset.
- MUST be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with building sound cues from found and created sound.
- An in depth understanding of the theatrical process and ability to attend all technical rehearsals.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work closely with other creators to develop an integrated design that supports the artistic goals of the project.
- The ability to meet all deadlines in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Have access to a sound design program on personal computer.
Punctuate! Theatre thanks all applicants in advance for applying; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter by email to:
Sheiny Satanove – email@example.com