Punctuate! Theatre is seeking a creative and talented student to fill the position of Sound Designer for our touring production of An Evening With Satan. This position is funded in part by the SCIP Internship program, and therefore the position must be filled by someone continuing in a post-secondary institution.
- Work with the director, playwright, stage manager and performers to create costumes and props for the touring production of An Evening with Satan .
- Assist in creating the lighting design for An Evening With Satan in Edmonton.
- Attend all rehearsals where the designer is required, to be determined with the director and stage manager.
- Execute all changes to the design in a timely manner.
- Attend all technical rehearsals of the production in Edmonton.
- MUST be a returning student to a recognized Alberta post-secondary institution.
- MUST have proof of enrollment for the next academic year.
- Familiarity with costume design and construction.
- An understanding of lighting design, and a familiarity with building light cues.
- MUST be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- An in depth understanding of the theatrical process and ability to attend all technical rehearsals.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work closely with other creators to develop an integrated design that supports the artistic goals of the project.
- The ability to meet all deadlines in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
Punctuate! Theatre thanks all applicants in advance for applying; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter by email to:
Sheiny Satanove – [email protected]