Summer Student Position – Subscription Campaign Assistant
Theatre Network, Edmonton
Theatre Network, Edmonton’s second largest producing Theatre Company, is seeking a dedicated and energetic student for the full-time position of Subscription Campaign Assistant for the Roxy Theatre on 124th street in Edmonton. This position is for up to 14-weeks starting in June. It is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs program and as such, applicants must be 30 years of age or under and be continuing in a post-secondary institution.
About Theatre Network
Theatre Network offers a four-show mainstage season focusing on the finest in contemporary world theatre, and including original commissioned works by Alberta Playwrights. The company hosts Nextfest, a multi-disciplinary festival of emerging professional artists, and presents the Roxy Performance Series, featuring a wide range of professional theatre and other performances at its home, the Roxy Theatre.
About the position
The Subscription Campaign Assistant will be a part of the summer subscription marketing team under the supervision of the Marketing Coordinator and the General Manager.
Duties to include:
- Collecting information for the season brochure
- Assisting with the direct marketing campaign including: administering three large mail out campaigns to previous subscribers, non-subscribers and educators, design and carry out city-wide brochure distribution plan, and administer phone campaign, supervising a team of volunteers
- Communicating with subscribers and taking subscription orders
- Assisting with promotional duties as needed
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed
- Assisting at our annual multi-disciplinary festival Nextfest
Experience with customer service, and marketing is an asset. This position does require strong communication skills, organizational skills, competent computer skills and the ability to work with the public and within a small staff environment. A knowledge of theatre and a love for the arts would be beneficial.
This is a 35 hr/week, full-time salaried position at an hourly wage of $12.00/hr.
Please send cover letter and resumes to:
Jill Roszell – General Manager
10708 124 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 0H1
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: May 28, 2012
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.