POSITION TITLE: Assistant Box Office Manager
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
DURATION: June 4, 2012 to September 7, 2012
SALARY: Contract Salary
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
DEADLINE: May 25, 2012
Fringe Theatre Adventures is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dependable team player to fill the full-time summer contract position of Assistant Box Office Manager.
In conjunction with the Box Office Manager, the Assistant is responsible for the development, maintenance and management of the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival Box Office. The Assistant Box Office Manager will be supervised directly by the Box Office Manager.
- Assists with the inputting of all festival data into the ticketing software.
- Collaborate on the design and production of all festival passes and box office signs.
- Compose and/or maintain all box office information and documents accordingly.
- Assists with financial reconciliations and cash management.
- Oversee daily operations of the Fringe Festival box offices.
- Liaise with IT, Production and Volunteer departments regarding box office issues.
- Assists in hiring, training, scheduling & supervising box office and artist services staff.
- Assist with training and continuously collaborate with volunteer B.O. Team Leaders.
- Communicate effectively and provide quality service to patrons, sponsors & funders.
- Collaborate with external service providers progressively and effectively.
- Become familiar with and execute all FTA Box Office policies accordingly.
- Deal with customer service issues quickly, professionally and effectively in a bustling festival atmosphere.
- Provide exceptional support to all levels of management, staff and volunteers.
- Ensures tasks and duties are being completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Box Office Manager.
- Box Office experience would be an asset.
- An appreciation and passion for the Arts is an asset.
- Knowledge of a theatre environment, specifically the Fringe Festival is an asset.
- Experience with computers and general office administration skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Windows Software.
- Cash management experience.
- Creative minded with the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances in a bustling festival environment.
- Possess excellent customer service, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Working some weekends and evenings will be required.
- Some physical work required.
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. Fringe Theatre thanks all applicants in advance for applying; however, only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter by mail or email to:
Box Office Manager, Fringe Theatre Adventures Society
10330 84th Avenue
No phone calls please.