Edmonton Opera is seeking a Communications Coordinator.
- Create and project mange all communication materials
- Create content for annual brochure, annual reports, advertising tag lines, and all other various marketing and development materials
- Social media; implementing the strategy, monitoring and reporting
- Provide media relations support as required and prepare written communications for media
- Write feature articles for opera programs
- Website content and design management; keeping it current, consistent and easy to navigate
- Artist interviews, Donor interviews
- Press Releases and Public Service Announcements
- Weekly newsletter
- Speeches and briefing notes
- Internal communications to staff, board and volunteers
- Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- This position requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in communications arena, and strong ability to prioritize tasks and workload. Excellent communications skills (both written and oral), strong editing and proofreading skills with demonstrated experience.
- Post secondary education with a focus on professional writing, journalism, communications or public relations is required.
- This position will require working with various departments in developing communications materials, so ability to work well in team environment as well as independently is a must.
- Minimum two years of directly related work experience.
If you are interested in contributing within a creative and dynamic environment, please email your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Jelena Bojic, Director of Marketing & Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: May 25th, 2012.