As a prelude to the 2012 Alberta Literary Awards, the Writers Guild of Alberta and Greenwoods’ Bookshoppe invites you to experience An Afternoon with the Authors. Set to take place on May 27, 2012 at Greenwoods’ Bookshoppe (10309 – 82 Ave) the event will feature Alberta’s top shortlisted authors as they read from their award nominated titles. Show time is at 2:00 pm. This event is free and open to the public.
Many Shortlisted Authors are scheduled to read, including:
- Alice Major – Intersecting Sects: A Poet Looks at Science
- Alison Karlene Hodgins – “A World Away”
- Amy Bright – “Look at it This Way”
- Barb Howard – “Breaking the Mould” & The Dewpoint Show
- Betty Jane Hegerat – The Boy
- Cathy Ostlere – Karma
- Dolly Dennis – Perennial
- Jannie Edwards – All Night Mirror: Notes Toward an Elegy
- Lisa Martin-DeMoor – A Container of Light
- Lynn Coady – The Antagonist
- Michael Penny – Particles
- Mieko Ouchi – Nisei Blue (Gwen Pharis Ringwood Award for Drama Finalist)
- Nicole Moeller – An Almost Perfect Thing (Gwen Pharis Ringwood Award for Drama Finalist)
- Tim Bowling – Tenderman
The Writers Guild of Alberta is the largest provincial writers’ organization in Canada, and was formed in 1980 to provide a meeting ground and collective voice for the writers of the province. Its mission is to inspire, connect, support, encourage and promote writers and writing, to safeguard the freedom to write and to read, and to advocate for the well-being of writers.
For more information about An Afternoon with the Authors or to obtain a complete listing of authors short-listed for the Alberta Literary Awards, please contact the Writers Guild of Alberta at (780) 422-8174 or 1-800(Toll-Free) 665-5354 or visit www.writersguild.ab.ca.