The Town of Morinville, close to the cities of Edmonton and St. Albert, is a vibrant, growing rural community developed on the foundations of rich heritage. With a population of approximately 8,500, and an operating budget of $15.4 million, Morinville has a healthy business and residential community that offers a rich quality of life in a small town setting.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking an Event & Volunteer Coordinator to join the Team. The Event & Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing all Town sponsored community events. The successful incumbent will plan, organize, promote, execute and evaluate the Town’s major community events as well as other events undertaken by the Community Services Department and is responsible for the safe and effective delivery and successful budgeting of these programs.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Take the lead role in organizing, coordinating, managing and evaluating special events under the jurisdiction of the Community Services Department including the Christmas Festival and Snowman Festival.
- Prepare and monitor event budgets and appropriate financial reports;
- Plan and develop marketing and promotional plans for individual events;
- Act as liaison and resource to community groups and not-for-profit organizations planning their own charity, social and/or recreational events ;
- Develop volunteer resources including volunteer policies & procedures, job duties, training programs, etc.;
- Recruitment, management, training, safety and retention of volunteers;
- Develop and initiate new opportunities for the Community Culture Centre in cooperation with Community Services staff;
- The demands of this position require working a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree in recreation administration with a strong event management component or a diploma in the field of Event Management or Cultural Management. A minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in a municipal government or public sector environment, specializing in the management and delivery of recreational, cultural and/or special events along with extensive experience in volunteer coordination is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Highly developed communication and organizational skills, and proficient skills in the Microsoft Office suite will support success in this role. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including pension, workplace development and great opportunities for employees to become involved in the community.
Please submit applications by May 22, 2012, 12:00 pm to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.