UPDATe: Submission deadline extended – Open until filled!
Workshop West Theatre is seeking a General Manager.
One of Edmonton’s oldest professional theatres is seeking a General Manager. Workshop West Theatre develops, produces and presents new plays and playwrights and theatre in Edmonton. Currently in planning for our 34th Season, Workshop West’s annual budget is 350,00 – 400,000.
The GM works collaboratively with the Artistic Director on project, annual and long range planning. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the GM is responsible for overall management of the company, including:
- financial management, administration, development of season and project budgets
- (we employ a book-keeper who has been with the company for 33 years)
- overseeing the production of a 3-5 event season with plays, a festival, and other events
- fund development, grant writing and liaising with funding agencies and sponsors
- overseeing marketing and promotion of the company, shows, festivals and events
- human resources – contracting artists, production and administrative personnel
- Board and community liaison
Excellent written and oral communication skills, passion for theatre, background in arts administration and management, and the ability to work independently and in a team situation would be assets.
The position is full time. Salary is $35,000 – $40,000 dependent on qualifications and experience, with strong support for professional development.
Please send your resume, three references plus a letter outlining your qualifications and your interest in small theatre to: “GM Search” at email@example.com
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a detailed job description and more information on Workshop West, go to our website at www.workshopwest.org