Inside Out Theatre invites applications for the position of General Manager; this is a part-time position with competitive compensation.
Inside Out Theatre offers high-quality drama education and theatre production opportunities to people with mixed abilities, where they can experience fellowship, development of their creative capabilities, and a platform to share their ideas and experiences. Inside Out Theatre will promote the role of people with mixed abilities in the artistic community, where they will contribute to the cultural exchange through theatrical performance and use the dramatic arts to create awareness of their issues and experiences.
Inside Out Theatre has been a small theatre company in Calgary for twenty years. The General Manager is a senior position that works in tandem with the Artistic Director; both positions report to the Board of Directors.
Including, but not limited to:
- Administration: administer the day-to-day operations of the organization; supervise and contract staff.
- Promotion: develop and implement promotion strategies for productions and instructional programs.
- Finance Management: develop budgets for productions, programs, and general operations; oversee short-term and long-term fiscal challenges; occasional bookkeeping tasks.
- Fund Development: establish relationships with individual and corporate supporters; organize and implement fundraising events and initiatives; complete applications for municipal, provincial, and federal grants.
- Program Management: facilitate communication with venues, partners, and personnel; participate in the effective implementation of all events, programs, and productions.
- A post-secondary education in theatre arts or arts administration
- A minimum of two years experience in the administration of a non-profit organization, ideally a theatre company
- Experience with fundraising and budgeting
- Familiarity with the Canadian theatre community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Word and Excel, and familiarity with social media
- Knowledge of and experience working within the disability arts or the disability community in general will be considered an asset
Inside Out Theatre is committed to creating an equitable organizational environment, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please email a cover letter, CV or resume, and list of references to email@example.com by May 8, 2012. Please address the cover letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee.
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.